Tuesday, May 19, 2009

proctoring=FUN!

So today, instead of crafting I had to proctor at the EOG test at the middle school where my dad teaches. If you don't know what proctoring is, I'll describe. Go to teacher's room, wait for test to start (forever), help pass out tests, sit, watch students test... for 2 1/2 hours! Really I was supposed to walk around the room, but instead I read a book for about half the time (they're 8th graders, they have taken this test at least 6 or 7 times). Somehow even with a book, I was still bored. I have to go again tomorrow and I'm going to walk around the room this time, like I was supposed to. Oops. I shouldn't complain, I don't have a job, like I really should, so I feel like a drain on my parents. Also, I'm going to Peru-which is like a whirlpool of a drain (not sure that makes sense, but I wanted an adequate comparison). Ick. I really shouldn't be so hard on myself, I don't think. They depend on me a lot, and I have made supper just about every night since I've been home. I'm just feeling down on myself, and without hopes and goals... ICK... that's what I have to say about that.

No comments: