Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ecofriendly Giftwrapping


As far as I'm concerned, the way a gift is presented is half the beauty of giving or receiving a package.  In past years, I've done traditional wrapping paper with bows and ribbons, but this year I wanted to do something different.  I wanted to use materials I already had instead of buying new rolls of expensive paper.  

I used old, brown paper grocery bags as the wrapping paper.  The plain paper is a great background for beautiful embellishments.  I made delicate tissue paper and fabric rosettes with silver glitter centers -   they were super easy and look gorgeous against the brown paper. 


Instructions:

To make your rosettes, you will need:
Fabric scissors
Tissue paper
Fabric Scraps (tulle and lace would look lovely too)
Glue Gun
Glitter or small beads


Step 1:  Cut small (1-2 inch) circles from the fabric and tissue paper. 
Step 2:  Place a small drop of glue in the center of a tissue paper and pinch the circle together to create folds.



Step 3:  Layer 3-4 circles on top of one another, pinching each one to create folds and gluing it to the next.  
Step 4:  Place a small drop of Elmer's glue in the middle of the flower.  Shake on some glitter, or glue a small bead in the center.



















You're done!  Glue or tape flowers to your packages.


Happy crafting!.love.Rachel

No comments: