Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Music Widgit

I put a new widgit on my blog and I'm super excited about it.  I put some great music on, and I'm planning on changing it pretty frequently.  Hope you enjoy!

I promise that this isn't becoming a music blog, but just a few notes on the songs in my playlist


Jens Lekman- for a long time I thought it was with a "J" sound--it's not, apparently in Sweden they say it with a "y" sound.  Also, harpsichord?  Awesome.

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes- Love it, thank you KEXP song of the day

Yeah Yeah Yeahs- I love this band, in new and old incarnation.  They would be high up on my want to see live list.  I like that they did something different with this new album.  Also, I like to make up a harmony response part in this song, not great but fun.

Republic Tigers- I don't know anything about them, but I like to sing along with the ghostly voice in the background.  Too fun!

The Kills- I feel bad that it's taken me so long to listen to them.  I love her voice, and they have such great variety!

Accidental- Another song about wolves?  What makes a wolf so indie?  Also listen to how he says butterfly!

The Airborne Toxic Event- This song makes me cry, I don't know why I keep torturing myself with it!

The White Rabbits- guess who produced their album... Britt Daniel of Spoon.  It's a little ridiculously similar once you know, but I really like the song, because I really like Spoon!

The Avett Brothers- I'm honestly surprised to have a song by them on here.  I know most people loved their old stuff but I found myself in like, not in love.  The new album on the other hand has some new and interesting types of songs, and I LOVE this song, or should I say: dear song, I and love and you

JimWhite- I want to dance




No comments: