Friday, March 15, 2013

Reaching out to Asheville

Asheville is the most arts friendly, locally-centered place that I've ever been.  So, moving back here means a real opportunity.  Everyone here seems to evaluate 'place' in a way that I haven't seen elsewhere.  A lot of cities are struggling to define themselves, but Asheville is expanding its definitions while it grows.  I am ready to be part of it.

Being involved is something that I have always struggled with.  I have a hard time reaching out, and I have a tendency to talk myself out of new experiences.  I have one little plan, and I'm documenting it, which means that it is HAPPENING.  Get my crafts in some local stores!  It's something I've wanted to do for a long time, and I've made some baby steps in the past.  This time though, I'm following through!

I feel like Asheville is begging me to jump in...






No comments: