Monday, April 5, 2010

So it's your Birthday and Easter too?

Last year my mom sent me a card that said, "so it's your birthday and Easter too."  Can you believe that there are enough people to make that card profitable?  Anyway, this year was a little closer, as my birthday was Easter weekend, which was good since it gave me an opportunity to go home (and collect all my booty!)

I really did get some incredible things this year, which shows how well my family and friends know me.  Two really great things come to mind,

First is the book "Pops!: Icy Treats for Everyone" from my roommate.  AMAZING!  I can't wait to get started, and you should expect some photos of my creations, with a few adjustments from the recipes, since I have never been known to leave well enough alone!


The other awesome present, that is also a little silly is the tomato planter that I KNOW you've seen on TV.  I saw the commercial, and it got me with the loads of tomatoes.  I don't know how well it actually works, but as I have been known to tell people, "the tomato is my favorite socially constructed vegetable." (i.e. it's a fruit, but I like other fruits better) So their advertising got me, and my parents were kind enough to give me this silly little present.  I'm starting my plants from seed, and transplanting them into the topsy turvy.

Stay tuned, and I'll let you know how it works. 

No comments: