Saturday, May 15, 2010

What's in a name?


An interesting topic on the artfire forums about where your username came from.  I thought I'd share my story, and I'd love to know about yours too!

There are so many interesting screen names online, and I wanted to create my own. This was before I started my etsy, so basically I wanted something clever for my various online presences.  I ensued the help of my boyfriend, his was TheRiskyShift, which I thought was pretty cool.  We had a brainstorming session, and I finally came up with ajoeynamedroo.  It seemed to pop into my head out of nowhere (say divine intervention?)

I think that my name fits me and my creations well.
1. The kangaroo is my favorite animal because I love that it's so hoppy and energetic.
2. My sister and I watched Winnie the Pooh as children, and I really like the artwork of old pooh.
3. Finally, the a boy named Sue reference, was simply me trying to be clever!

All together, I hope that my name reflects my artwork; energetic, classic, whimsical, and clever!

Where did your name come from?

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks Ecclecticladyland. Both of your names are awesome too. They would certainly make me click!

Unknown said...

Sorry Ecclecticladyland, I accidentally deleted your comment when I was trying to delete my own. Doi. Here's what she said and a link to her blog:
http://ecclecticladyland.blogspot.com/ has left a new comment on your post "What's in a name?":

I love that name, it's adorable and catchy. Ecclectic LadyLand resembles a Jimi Hendrix album and Drunken Mimes is from an Incubus song lyric.